May-September: USE at the Reston Farmers Market
- Program: This year we hope to again have a table at the farmer’s market. To make this work we need volunteers to sit at the table for an hour or two between 8 a.m. and noon. We also need a few people to take turns volunteering each week to set up and take down our umbrella, table, chairs, etc. Watch this site for further information about schedules and signups.
- Venue: Weekly on Saturdays, starting the first Saturday in May, from 8 a.m. till noon, at the Lake Anne Village Center.
September: Fall Potluck Picnic
- Program: This annual event is simply a time for as many of our members as possible to get together over some wonderful picnic-type food and drinks and just have a good time.
- Venue: As in the past two years, our Annual Fall Potluck Picnic this year will be held at the Lake Anne Pavilion, 11301 North Shore Drive, Reston. Watch for more details to come.
Continuing USE Events throughout the Year
- USE Board Meetings
- Program: The USE Board meetings are normally held each month on the second Tuesday of each month, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m., unless otherwise noted. All USE members are welcome to attend these meetings. We value your input!
- Venue: Locations TBA
- The USE Lunch Bunch
- Program: This group meets approximately once a month at a local restaurant. Many people who attend are part of the USE Care Committee. This is an opportunity to relax, socialize and get to know one another better, so that when there is a member who needs extra attention and care, we can work together to provide what is needed.
- Note: We are always glad to have a volunteer set up a lunch for us, so if you are a born organizer and would like to help set up our lunches, contact Kathy Bush or Cheri Wubbels at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Venue: Watch this website for announcements of upcoming Lunch Bunch get-togethers.
- Small Potluck Suppers
- Program: Occasionally, one of our members volunteers to host a potluck supper, on a much smaller scale than our Annual Meeting Potluck and our September Picnic. Usually, these are for 8 to 12 members.
- Venue: We do not have a small potluck scheduled at this time, but if you’d like to volunteer to host one, contact Cheri Wubbels or Kathy Bush at email@example.com.